Africa boasts enormous potential for increased trade in wire & cable, tube & pipe related industries. Market observers have noted that in many African markets the business environment is improving, and the implementation of structural reforms is leading to increased business confidence.
Those were some of the ideas discussed at this year’s Africa Wire, Cable & Tube Conference.
CRU and the Southern Africa-German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AHK), along with leading global trade shows, Wire & Tube as lead sponsor, held the Africa Wire, Cable & Tube Conference, on 11-13 November in Johannesburg, South Africa.
This important inaugural event is an opportunity for the local industry and stakeholders to meet with the international supply chain, and discuss the main trends impacting the global market and how they can be applied to the opportunities and challenges being faced across the continent.
To see the agenda, check here
The event brought together people from all over the globe with an interest in the wire, cable and tube industry.
Some of the topics addressed included
- Understanding Africa’s wire & cable, tube & pipe production, trade and supply chain
- The importance of the industry’s reliance on wire, cable, tube and pipe for African development
- Update on the expected consumption trends in Africa, of high wire and tube consuming industries: Mining, Utilities, Oil & Gas, Construction & Infrastructure
- Latest global technological advances in wire, cable, tube and pipe manufacturing, and how they can be applied in African operations
- Key considerations for the global wire, cable, tube and pipe supply chain when considering investing in African operations/distribution
- Technical agenda dedicated to technical showcases that highlight wire & cable or tube & pipe technology advances relevant to African operations
The africon team was very present as a supporting sponsor. CEO and Partner Mr. Zander also spoke about the Potential for growth in Africa in wire and cable or tube and pipe industries.
To see more insights about topics, speakers and the overall conference, see here