Why the South African medical technology market is interesting for German manufacturers
Over the past 10-20 years, African medical technology markets have become increasingly interesting for German companies.
We recently got featured by Medizin & Technik where our Founder and CEO Marc-Peter Zander highlighted some insights from our projects in the healthcare market in Africa.
South Africa is one of the most economically developed countries in Africa. Manufacturers from Germany cite South Africa as having a market that is technology savvy, professional and armed with a functioning distributor network.
On the other hand, almost 40% of all medical devices and laboratory equipment in South Africa are imported from Germany.
We answer the following questions in the article:
- Why should German companies in the health sector look at South Africa?
- How do we support clients in entering the South African medical market?
- What are some of our case studies in the country?
- We highlight a case study for a medium-sized German company interested in the market for special individual components for prosthesis manufacturing in South Africa.
- What is the future outlook for the industry?
Learn more about this by reading the article here.